Senior OD Specialist
A brilliant, newly created role is now available within a dynamic and entrepreneurial Financial Services business. The company are going through a period of change and as such are now looking to hire an Interim Senior Organisational Design Specialist.
The interim role will work in partnership with the Head of Organisational Effectiveness in order to play a key role in leading continuous improvements of the business operating model, enabling Organisational Design to be at the centre of priorities.
The role will suit candidates that have excellent hands on experience of OD in either a specialist capacity or as part of a HRBP role. Financial Services experience would be fantastic however other corporate backgrounds will also be considered.
Candidates will need to be able to work in ambiguous and pacey environments, be innovative and dynamic, excellent with Excel/data, inquisitive and intelligent, possess superior stakeholder management skills and be happy to be both strategic and operational.
- Building OD programmes which empower business teams to undertake OD changes, ensuring an efficient and fit-for-purpose operating model
- Partnering with stakeholders across the business at the start of a change project to agree expectations in relation to the change process, timeframes, and resource requirements
- Guiding and supporting managers in the planning and implementation of organisational planning and change initiatives, to achieve a successful shared outcome that has a positive and measurable impact
- Creating forums for communication with sponsors and contributors throughout projects to ensure transparency on timelines, resourcing, costs, risks, issues, and interdependencies are understood and appropriately handled
- Providing end-to-end oversight across all elements of cross-functional OD change ensuring organisational structures and roles are designed to support the vision and corporate strategy
- Superuser of OrgVue (third party OD tool) system; identifying issues with existing data sets, designing and modelling different scenarios, creating insights to support various analytical tasks and base-lining for organisational change
- Partnering with the other People Team SMEs to maintain appropriate governance & control around role creation, cost management, regulatory and employment law implications
- Supporting the delivery of change initiatives within the People team, including performance management processes, risk & people operations processes, succession planning and on-boarding processes
- Proactively maintaining industry expertise and an awareness of new opportunities and methodology, using this knowledge to seek opportunities to improve processes and practices, especially through emerging technology, and encourage team members to do the same
- Role models the behaviours which underpin our Manifesto and Values, building excellent business relationships, based on healthy challenge which can be used to develop the business
- Experience of empowering others and leading successful strategic change, organisational design and development and improving efficiency across a complex organisation
- Background in organisational design and strategic workforce planning, HR transformation / change
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills, with ability to produce insights that drive strategic business decisions
- Proficiency in Excel and other OD systems
- Exceptional knowledge OD employment legislation, policies, and procedures
- Sophisticated proficiency in PowerPoint
- Relevant human resources experience preferably within financial sector or similar professional services or corporate environments
- Excellent communicator and doer
- Superb and collaborative stakeholder management style
- Highly organised, with excellent attention to detail - takes accountability for excellent results
- High energy, a positive outlook and the ability to enthuse and empower colleagues and key business partners
- Advocate of the business' Values and ability to lead by example adopting a positive, professional approach
- Resilience in the face of obstacles, flexibility with the ability to react and adapt quickly to changing business needs
- Eager and willing to invest in own personal development and expand on own knowledge and skill